1:1 IPAD OF CHOICE
Having just completed the third year of our 1:1 iPad initiative, we are eager to offer all students the opportunity to select the iPad model that best suits their learning preferences. The administration and faculty have enjoyed the benefits of being a 1:1 iPad school, and we continue to look forward to exploring new and exciting possibilities for using iPads to enhance teaching and learning.
Middle School students will be required to provide their own iPad.We strongly recommend an iPad with:
- the latest version of iOS
- a screen size of 9.7 inches (full-size, not mini)
- 32GB minimum internal memory.
Some important points:
- Please note: The prices referenced above do not include accessories, including:
- Protective Case or Folio (Required)
- Bluetooth Keyboard (Required) (Stand alone or built into the case or folio)
- Stylus (Optional)
- Screen Protector (Optional)
- Although you may elect to purchase a 12.9 inch iPad Pro, we do not recommend that you do so based on multiple considerations, including weight, cost, portability, and size of device footprint on student desks.
- We strongly recommend purchasing insurance to cover loss, screen damage, theft and operational failure.
Some iPad models are available through DSR, together with an option to purchase insurance coverage through Safeware.
ABOUT THE 1:1 IPAD OF CHOICE
Click the questions below to learn more about how our program operates.
- How will an iPad be provided for each student?
- Who will pay for Apps and eBooks?
- What costs will there be for the students and their families?
- I already own an iPad; can I use it?
- Where can I keep my iPad during assembly, recess, and lunch?
- How will the iPads be identified?
- Can the students mark or decorate their iPad or case?
- Can students print from an iPad?
- Will students be allowed to let a friend use their iPad?
- Does a student have to have an iTunes account?
- How does a student load a school supplied App onto the iPad?
- How can the iPad and lost Apps be restored?
- What happens if there are technical problems with the iPad?
- What happens if the iPad is lost, broken, or stolen? (Including cracked or shattered screens)
- How will my son keep his device charged during the school day?
- Will I receive financial aid that can be applied to the purchase of a device?
- Whom do I contact if I need more information?
Families will independently purchase or provide an iPad for their son's use at School. (View the minimum configuration requirements.) In addition, families will need to purchase a bluetooth keyboard, protective case, and casualty insurance. Parents may contact Safeware directly to purchase iPad insurance for a device they may already own. Parents may purchase a new iPad through DSR without having to purchase insurance. As necessary, this coverage can be secured at a later time directly through Safeware.
All student iPads must be clearly labeled with the student's full name and grade. This label should be placed on the back of the iPad. In addition, the student's name must prominently appear on the protective case to ensure easy identification. During the Boot Camp session, students will record the serial number of their iPad and the passcode to unlock the device. These will be kept on file so that we may provide technical support and assistance at school.
Parents are encouraged to purchase casualty insurance to cover loss, breakage, etc. This insurance coverage may be included in your homeowner's policy, or it may be purchased from a third party vendor such as Safeware.
Loaner iPads will be made available while your son's iPad is being repaired. These iPads will be covered under the school's insurance policy. However, parents will be charged the $100 deductible in the event the loaner device is damaged.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the 1:1 iPad of Choice program, please contact:
MS Coordinator of Instructional Technology
410.323.3800, ext. 609