The 108 members of the Class of 2017 marked their high school graduation on Sunday, June 11 when Gilman families, friends, faculty members, and the graduating class gathered in front of the Old Gym steps for the 119th Founders Day exercises. Read all about it, view a video of the entire ceremony and get the link to downloadable high resolution photos here.
Less than two years after a dive into the ocean left athlete and artist Archer Senft a quadriplegic, he beat the odds, completing high school, being inducted into the Cum Laude Society, and making plans to attend the U Penn School of Engineering. He also returned to making art, but in a new way. See The Art of Archer Senft at Sotheby's Art Gallery, 4800 Roland Avenue, June 8 through July 30. See details about the show and more about Archer's story here. He is the son of William Senft '79.
Gilman is excited to announce it is an inaugural member of the Independent School Teaching Residency (ISTR), an innovative new collaboration between the Graduate School of Education of the University of Pennsylvania and a consortium of 10 of the nation's leading independent day schools.
Cynosure is once again recognized for excellence and featured in the 2017 Jostens Look Book, celebrating the best-of-the-best in yearbook design and coverage.
Weil Gotshal & Manges C.I.O. Ian M. Miller '82 and endovascular neurosurgeon Felipe Albuquerque '83 presented the 37th annual H.K. Douglas Cotton Memorial Lecture on held March 24.
More than 130 Gilman and McDonogh alumni and guests came together the night before the 101st football game at Ryleigh's Oyster.
2016-2017 Photo Albums
I want to:
- Login to the new Alumni Portal.
- Find out who is on the Alumni Association Board of Governors.
- Nominate someone for the Alumni Association Board of Governors or an award.
- See alumni award recipients.
- Volunteer with the Alumni Association.
- Pay my annual Alumni Association dues.
- Make a gift.
- Connect with alumni working in my profession.
- Update my personal information.
- Get a Gilman license plate.
- Get a Gilman alumni permanent email address.
- Order new Gilman merchandise from the school bookstore.
- See recent athletic scores.
Karlo Young '97 is the new Baltimore Educational Scholarship Trust Board President, effective July 1, 2017. He succeeds Stuart Simms '68. Read more on the BEST website.
- Director of Alumni Relations and Outreach