Benefits and Professional Development
FACULTY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
In an effort to support our faculty and provide opportunities for professional growth, individuals, families, and organizations have established a variety of summer grant funds which allow faculty to:
- Design curriculum in teacher teams.
- Attend conferences and workshops.
- Travel to interesting domestic and international destinations to both explore and study.
- Pursue opportunities that allow for exploration and implementation of innovative teaching practices.
Outcomes for Faculty
Ultimately, these professional development opportunities will enhance the classroom experience in pursuit of our timeless mission to educate boys of promise in mind, body, and spirit. By taking advantage of professional development funds, faculty have:
- Worked toward advanced degrees, both master's and doctorate.
- Created new courses for our boys.
- Chaperoned student trips abroad to France, Spain, England, and other countries.
- Studied the ancestral pueblos of Mesa Verde National Park to enhance Native American social studies units.
- Compiled photo journals of biological diversity in Costa Rica.
- Participated in the National Art Education Association conference.
- Developed a group guidance program.
- Refurbished a dollhouse used to recreate crime scenes for a Forensic Science class.
- Biked through France to develop a library of education videos geared toward teaching about the country's regions.
- Tutored students at the Oglala School on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota.
... and that's just to name a few!