Acceptance Policies and Guidelines
The purposes of the Gilman archives include the following:
- To appraise, collect, organize, describe, make available, and preserve records of enduring historical, administrative, legal, and/or fiscal value to the school, in accordance with the law.
- To provide adequate and controlled facilities for the retention, preservation, servicing and research use of such records.
- To facilitate efficient management of recorded information produced by the school’s divisions and administrative offices.
- To provide reference services to assist in the school's administration and operations.
- To participate in selected Development Office events, such as (but not restricted to) mounting special displays for reunions.
- To serve in a public relations capacity by promoting knowledge and understanding of the origins, history, programs, and goals of the school.
- To serve as a research center for the study of the school’s history by current and past members of the school community and the scholarly community at large.