|7:30 a.m.||Drop Off, Classroom Stations|
|8:00 a.m.||Outside Recess|
|8:30 a.m.||Morning Meeting|
|9:00 a.m.||Language Arts Centers|
|10:00 a.m.||Snack and Recess|
|10:30 a.m.||Physical Education|
|11:00 a.m.||Read Aloud|
|12:00 p.m.||Math Centers|
|1:30 p.m.||Resource Class*|
|2:00 p.m.||Rest Time|
|3:00 p.m.||Pick Up|
* Resource Classes include: Music, Art, Library, Science, and MakerSpace. The boys will be introduced to Spanish and French.
Gilman’s Early Childhood Program embodies joy, happiness, and excitement. Our lessons promote exploration and discovery and result in a lifelong spirit of inquiry and learning. At Gilman, we believe that our boys learn best when they have positive and nurturing relationships with adults and other children. We are passionate about providing a researchbased, boy-centered, high-quality education in a diverse and inclusive community. We are proud of our holistic approach to early childhood education, and we understand the importance of paying special attention to our boys’ social-emotional, physical, and cognitive development. At Gilman, we welcome and embrace the many strengths and individual qualities of our incoming boys.
Our program provides in-depth, interconnected learning that helps prepare our boys for future academic and lifelong success.
- Mission Driven. We are driven by our mission to educate the whole boy in mind, body, and spirit. This focus helps to ensure that each Gilman boy is known, loved, and challenged so that he can grow into his very best self with the confidence and ability to positively impact our ever-changing world.
- Boy-Centric. Boys are able to channel their innate energy by learning through doing, as well as exploring and engaging. Gilman’s program is uniquely positioned to provide a strong learning foundation through hands-on, project-based activities, so essential during these formative years.
- The Gilman Experience. Being a part of the Gilman Pre-K through 12 program, our youngest students have the opportunity to learn with and from our older boys. Further, our sprawling campus and accompanying resources allow for access to various specials and daily physical education.
- Character Development. An intentional focus on building character, as defined by our Gilman Five: Honor, Integrity, Respect, Humility, and Excellence.
- Academic Preparation. Developmentally appropriate reading, writing, and math readiness starting in pre-k.
Ready to apply?
FALL 2019 BIRTHDAY RANGES
Applicants must be three by September 1, 2020. The birthday range for pre-kindergarten applicants is late summer of 2016 to August 31, 2017.
Please note that Tuition Assistance is not available for Pre-Kindergarten.