Tickner Writing Fellow
The Reginald S. Tickner Writing Fellowship is an annual writer-in-residence position named in honor of Reginald Tickner, whose 41-year career at Gilman impacted thousands of Gilman students.
Each year, the Tickner Fellow:
- Directs the Writers at Work Series, a yearly program of bringing writers to campus to give a reading and work with classes for a day.
- Advises Paragon, the school's award-winning literary magazine, published at least twice each year.
- Teaches one section of Creative Writing to seniors every other day in addition to leading occasional creative writing projects in other English classes.
- Consults one-to-one with students on their writing as part of the Tickner Writing Center and in independent study.
- Uses his/her non-teaching day for activity related to personal writing projects and shares the process with students and faculty.