Tickner Writing Fellow
The Reginald S. Tickner Writing Fellowship is an annual writer-in-residence position named in honor of Reginald Tickner, whose 41-year career at Gilman impacted thousands of Gilman students.
Each year, the Tickner Fellow:
- Directs the Writers at Work Series, a yearly program of bringing writers to campus to give a reading and work with classes for a day.
- Advises Paragon, the school's award-winning literary magazine, published at least twice each year.
- Teaches one section of Creative Writing to seniors every other day in addition to leading occasional creative writing projects in other English classes.
- Consults one-to-one with students on their writing as part of the Tickner Writing Center and in independent study.
- Uses his/her non-teaching day for activity related to personal writing projects and shares the process with students and faculty.
Responsibilities include teaching one senior elective in creative writing each semester, organizing a series of readings, advising the literary magazine, and working with the Lower and Middle Schools on select writing projects. The Tickner Fellow teaches every other day, affording time for independent writing projects.
Salary: $35,000 per year, plus full benefits package.