Gilman student-athletes hone their skills in some of the finest athletic facilities available to independent school students.
Redmond C.S. Finney Athletic Center
The Redmond C.S. Finney Athletic Center is the hub of athletic activity at Gilman.
- Athletic arena (for basketball, volleyball, wrestling, and other indoor spectator sports)
- Athletic training room (staffed by two full-time trainers)
- The C. Markland Kelly, Jr. Health, Wellness, and Fitness Center (new in 2022)
- The Edward T. Russell Wrestling Room
- Utility gymnasium
- Small gymnasium
- Full-size, 25-yard swimming pool
- Weight room
- Edward T. Russell Wrestling Room
- Locker rooms and laundry facilities
- Conference rooms
Outdoor Athletic Facilities
The state-of-the-art artificial turf field in Alexander Sotir Stadium is the focal point for the School’s outdoor classrooms. The turf is lined for use by football, soccer, and lacrosse.
- Three game fields (for football, soccer, lacrosse, and other field sports)
- Olympic 400-meter track
- Nine tennis courts
- Six practice fields, including one with an all-weather artificial surface
- The Alpine Tower, a 40-foot climbing structure
- Ample athletic event parking
(Some sports, such as ice hockey, golf, rowing, and squash, are held at off-campus locations.)
The track/oval/and campus paths are not available for general use from 7:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. except for students, faculty and staff of Gilman School.
Those walking dogs through campus are still allowed to do so if the animal is under leash control and provided that dogs do not foul the campus (a health hazard for our students); the campus is still available for general use on weekends and before 7:00 a.m./after 6:30 until dusk.
The Gilman tennis courts will be opened from dawn to dusk on non-school days for community use. On school days, use of the courts is restricted to school personnel unless otherwise authorized by the school administration.
Please note that these measures are exclusively designed to enhance the safety and security of our boys.