Giving Where It's Needed Most
A most treasured contribution to endowment is an unrestricted gift. Without a designated purpose or the constraints of a permanent endowment, an unrestricted endowed gift maximizes our ability to apply funds where they are needed most. Unrestricted endowment gives us the flexibility to move beyond annual budget limitations and respond immediately to compelling educational opportunities as they arise.
Teaching and Learning
When Gilman invests in teachers, we recognize and strengthen their direct influence on the young men they teach, coach, and mentor throughout every Gilman school day and beyond.
- Funds for faculty professional development and continued education
- Teacher/coach chairs honor and provide a stipend to great teacher/coaches on and off the field
- Funds for new teachers or teachers aspiring to earn an advanced degree
- Funds for travel and study, including summer sabbatical programs
To increase our capacity to change lives and ensure that any gifted and motivated boy, no matter his zip code or financial resources, has access to the Gilman experience, we invite donors to invest in scholarship and financial aid funds. These funds may increase financial aid while also keeping tuition growth under control.
- Endowed full scholarships and partial scholarships
- Funding excellence funds to identify, retain, and recognize extraordinary student talent
- Need-based financial aid for children of Gilman faculty
- Need-based and funding excellence scholarships for immediate use
Heather Harlan Warnack
Director of Development