The Gilman Network
The Gilman Network is an online networking platform powered by Graduway software that allows Gilman School alumni to reconnect, network, share job listings and events, and develop mentoring relationships. It is designed explicitly for and made up exclusively of Gilman alumni. Think of it as a private LinkedIn for Gilman alums.
Go to www.TheGilmanNetwork.com and create a profile.Your full name and the email address we have on file have been pre-populated to the site so you should be able to log in without incident.
When creating your profile, note that the following settings are critical to make the Directory search feature effective and efficient:
- Gilman graduation year*
- Field of expertise*
- Undergraduate college or university*
- Postgraduate college or university
NOTE: You can sign up with your LinkedIn profile or an email address other than what we have on file. However, this will necessitate that we approve your profile, which could take up to 24 hours.
Find and reminisce with fellow graduates, see what they have been up to and stay in touch.
Introduce, employ and offer to act as a mentor to our graduating students.
Leverage your professional network to get introduced to people you should know.
Advance your career through inside connections working in top companies.
- I'm in. Now what do I do?
- What kind of events should I post?
- How do I post an event?
- How do I search for alumni by Gilman class year?
- How do I search for alumni by location?
- How do I search for alumni by industry?
- How do I search for alumni by undergraduate college or university?
- How do I search for a job or internship?
- What kind of jobs and internships should I post?
- How do I post a new job or internship?
Events of all kinds can be posted here, but all should be of interest and bring value to fellow alums. Strictly commercial and/or self-serving events should be avoided. Some good ideas might include a local alumni gathering, an industry-specific networking event in your area, a viewing party for a Ravens game, and/or an artistic performance featuring you or a fellow Gilman alum.
To create a new event:
- From the homepage, click on the Events tab.
- At the top of the page, click on the blue banner that reads “Create an event now!”
- Enter the event name, description, location, date and time, and website.
- You can also identify specific alumni groups to invite (by class year, location, industry, etc.).
- Click the blue banner at the bottom of the page that reads “Post this event.”
NOTE: You must upload a picture with your event.
Similar to events, jobs and internships of all kinds can be posted. This includes full-time, part-time, contract, paid, and unpaid positions. However, they must be legitimate positions with known companies that will be of potential interest to fellow alums. You do not need to be the hiring manager for or directly oversee the position, but should have a strong connection to the company.
To post a new job listing:
- From the homepage, click on the Jobs tab.
- At the top-right of the page, click on the grey ribbon that reads “Post a new job”.
- Enter the company name, position title, description, location, start date, and preferred contact method.
- Click the grey ribbon that reads, “Post” at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: You can also upload a company logo or picture with your job posting.