The need is critical. Roll up a sleeve and help replenish the blood supply. Someone's life depends on it.
Friday, February 23, 2018
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CT-20, Carey Hall
Schedule your appointment. Sponsor code: Gilman (case sensitive)
ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN CALL 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Faculty, staff, alumni and parents are welcome to donate. Please read below for criteria for student donors.
Criteria for donation:
- Must weigh at least 110 pounds
- Must be at least 17 years old (or 16 with written parental consent; consent forms available from Mr. Fitzgibbon)
- Must not have donated blood in last 56 days
- Have not received a tattoo or body piercing in last 12 months.
- Must be in generally good health
- Must not be taking certain drugs. For more information, please call American Red Cross at 1-800-272-0024.
If giving blood, on the day of donation:
- Eat regular meals as normal
- Drink plenty of fluids. Double up on fluids 24 hours in advance and the day of donation
- Limit caffeine intake
- Be able to list names of prescription medicines
- Be able to list any foreign nations visited in the last 12 month
Save time and streamline your donation experience! On the day of your appointment, visit redcross.org/rapidpass on the day of your donation to complete your pre-donation reading and health history questions.
For questions on eligibility please call Donor Services at: 1-866-236-3276.