What do you get when you lock 25 students, seven alumni and parent mentors, and two facilitators in the McCarthy Room overlooking the Finney Arena for two straight days? Seven impressive business pitches presented to a panel of alumni "sharks," of course! The Startup Experience, Gilman's annual two-day deep dive into entrepreneurship was held on December 6-7 and produced no shortage of innovative business concepts including:
- 4NAV: a social and cultural integration app for international college students
- YOUniversity: a social media platform to house real feedback for prospective college students
- MyGear: an equipment rental subscription service for young athletes
- Breezy: a dehumidifying patch for facemasks that combat air pollution
- Future Consulting: an artificial intelligence-based college counseling service for Baltimore city public school students
- Prime Learning: an online math enrichment service
- DatzTrain: an AI-based employee training for franchise owners
You can view a video summary of the intensive two-day workshop here.
Many of the students will continue their business education and development with the spring semester-long Startup course.