The need is critical. Roll up a sleeve and help replenish the blood supply. Someone's life depends on it. Faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and students (16+) are invited to donate.
Friday, February 28
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Centennial Hall in Carey Hall
Click here, enter GILMAN in the "Find a Blood Drive" box, and then choose a time (click on "BLOOD") to make an appointment. Or call 800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Teachers and coaches should excuse student donors. If you have questions, email Frank Fitzgibbon or visit his office, S107 in the Science Building.
Criteria for donation:
- Must weigh at least 110 pounds
- Must be at least 17 years old (or 16 year old with written parental consent; consent forms available from Mr. Fitzgibbon)
- Must not have donated blood in last 56 days
- Have not received a tattoo or body piercing in last 12 months.
- Must be in generally good health
- Must not be taking certain drugs. For more information, please call American Red Cross at 1-800-272-0024.
If giving blood, on the day of donation:
- Eat regular meals as normal
- Drink plenty of fluids. Double up on fluids 24 hours in advance and the day of donation
- Limit caffeine intake
- Be able to list names of prescription medicines
- Be able to list any foreign nations visited in the last 12 month