As the parent of a Middle or Upper School child, are you:
- Struggling to keep up with the latest social apps?
- Worried about private information that your child shares digitally?
- Concerned about cyberbullying, haters, and trolls?
Whether your child has a flip phone, smartphone, or no phone, whether he uses SnapChat, Instagram, YouTube, HouseParty, or none of the above, the presentation will provide tools for how to support positive use of social media and technology.
At this workshop you will:
- Learn important privacy settings for apps your child uses
- Understand how to navigate common online scenarios parents face regularly
- See what using social media positively looks like
- Learn and exchange tech tips and tricks with other parents in your child’s grade
Laura will also present to Middle and Upper School students. She’ll share with parents what the kids will learn. Here is a video from The Social Institute about how your students can #WinAtSocial.
January 31, 2019
7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Gilman School Auditorium